As I mentioned in the Mission Statement, my advice for every new blogger is to use a self-hosted Wordpress installation.
You need to pay a few bucks every month, but the higher degree of freedom and control and the number of possibilities are worth it.
So, the first choice you have to make: A hosting provider.
I live in Germany and my sites are hosted here, so I can’t give you a recommendation from my own experience.
What to look for:
- The amount of free traffic - Once your blog has a big archive or you have regular success on social media sites, you will be glad you thought about it.
- Support - Yep, it’s this high on my list. Not that I have anything against India, but I wouldn’t want to ask a guy from Calcutta, why my server in San Diego is giving me headaches.
- Price - Don’t want to pay too much, right? The lower the price, the less you have to make to break even.
- Space - Host a lot of pictures or video and you will need a lot of space.
1. 3,000 GB traffic - For a blog, that’s close to unlimited.
2. Great support - BlueHost is known for it’s premium support.
3. 6,95/month - Small price for a big package.
4. 300 GB hosting space - Hard to use all of it just through blogging.
This is an affiliate link. When you click it and sign up with BlueHost, I get paid. If that’s a reason for you not to trust this review, I’d say don’t sign up just now. Go over there, have look and read through their forum (which is another plus for BlueHost).
Popularity: 8% [?]Tags: hosting, webhost, WordPress