As usual, a new weekend brings a new installment of SitW. Once again I want to list my favorite blog posts of the week for your reading pleasure.
- Copyblogger’s “Keyword Research for Bloggers: A Comprehensive Guide” is not only a well-rounded guide, but also a surprisingly fun read. So, if you want to know about keyword research (and you should), don’t be afraid of the volume.
- If you rely on Adsense to monetize your blog, you should check out Josh Spaulding’s “10 Ways to Increase your Adsense Income“. Maybe you’ll want to test some of his tips.
- You want you blog to become one of the really big ones? Want to know what that includes? Read Skellie’s “What’s it Like to Run a Popular Blog?” If you are as good a writer as she is - just keep on posting, and you’ll eventually get there.
- I’m working on a new project (and letting the last one mature) that will include some PPC. Since I’m still putting together the framework, a lot of thought goes into SEO. When I read Aaron’s “Your Laziness: Why I Love SEO So Much More Than PPC“, I showed it to a friend and we got into an argument. He prefers PPC, I tend to think more about SEO. It’s like a chess game. PPC means playing against a kid that’s just learned the moves. The result is quick, sometimes you ask yourself what the hell that stupid imbecile is doing, and if you lose you’re contemplating suicide. SEO on the other hand is more like playing against a good chess program. It takes longer, your opponent learns from his mistakes and if you lose - revise your strategy and try again. Damn, way too much text *g*.
- One of first things I did for the new project: I printed out Carsten Cumbrowski’s “50 Questions to Evaluate the Quality of Your Website“. It’s brilliant checklist. Once I think the project’s done, I’ll go through it, and I’m sure that there will be some things I overlooked.
- Just in case you haven’t read about it yet: Blizzard IM has released a “SEO for WordPress Blogs White Paper” for free download.
That’s it for today. Have fun reading and if you like a post, be nice and show the author you appreciation.
Have a nice weekend.
Popularity: 84% [?]Tags: links, stumbleupon